Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Like an Angel

It's storming this morning. Our first night back the cats sleep patterns are all wiggy. Ma slept with me in my bed last night. This morning she said,"that cat is a pain in the ass, I didn't sleep at all night."
I said, "you slept some of the night cause you were snoring. " She fell right back to sleep. She's really tired. When I look over at her I see her waves of silver. She is like an angel when she is sleeping, so still and peaceful and quiet. When she is sleeping she is not trying to teach and inform and fix. And so for the first time in days I look upon this body and see a precious soul not needing anything, not giving anything, just being. It's times like this that i remember and feel how very deep my love for her is. So i linger there flowing with her silver and her Self, feeling that love, treasuring this quiet deep moment for soon she'll wake and i'll become cast in a story i didn't agree to and I'll start watching the wind as it moves through the trees and soon her voice will become a distant drone, that intuitively i know will require conscious attention. So I'll 'get with the program' and have gratitude for the messenger and the mirror and over tea we will laugh.

1 comment:

  1. So I linger there flowing with her silver and her Self, feeling that love, treasuring this quiet deep moment...so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete