Monday, June 29, 2009

Heart and Soul Thrift Shop


There were bells on the door. I like that. It's like being pre-announced.
I move through the store not really knowing what I am looking for,
however driven by this longing, this ancient longing. A pointed piece of metal with
a wooden handle. It feels right in my hands. I can't put it down. A most important tool but exactly what it is I do not know. Engraved near the handle I see the word CHALLENGE.
I think it must be a giant ice pick. I chuckle,"That's about the size I'll need for the block that keeps my heart."





Lovely hats, feather hats that a fine lady would wear. "Yes, That will do."






AHHH a fabulous blue gown from Romania. "You don't ever really go formal..."
I question my sudden fanciful dream. I am dressed in the gown with ruffles to the floor,
reckless, riveting ,ruffles... Right On!




Then I find what I have been looking for. It is a key, 'the key to my heart'.
I hold it in my hand,.. touch it with my fingers. Tears come to my eyes. I know its mine.
I wonder what kind of man I would give this key to. I can't answer that. I have no idea.
That makes me sad. "One day I will know the answer," I console my trembling self.

I pay for the items, "This is a huge ice pick!" She says it is a sharpening steel.
I wonder what story it has to tell me.

I run across the key every now and again, "Will I ever meet him?... To whom does this key belong?"
Presence smiles knowingly into my eyes. Today I smile back, the key pressed firmly into my own hand. Yes, my own hand, it's rightful owner. How could it be any other way?

Now I ask, "If I unlock and open my hearts door, will we go in and stay?"

1 comment: