Saturday, May 15, 2010

Johnny O.






We met in the year 2006.
I noticed you were man of great stature.
You spoke with kindness and authority.
We would talk for an hour of things we were passionate about...
I looked forward to our visits...

From the beginning, I recognized you as a man of integrity...
I thought a lot about that, since I had not much experience, in that regard.
So my mind began to calibrate and my Spirit gave answers to the question,
"What is a great man?" Yes, after our third visit I knew you were a man of God,
a man of goodness...slow to anger, quick to lend support, giving of your self so beautifully...
and you were sober and awake.

You must have felt the pain that I carried...buried deep inside...
Somehow you saw past the woman who could not cry, the warrior who for lifetimes had
lived and died by the sword... Yes, my friend you saw your own pain in me
and an understanding was born and Love just simply flowed...
Every time I thought of how you came into my life in the weeks following, I cried.
I cried because I knew that God had not abandoned me.
He sent you.
You were one of the few men I had met that could speak with the vibration of Spirit...
authentic, articulate, compassionate and with the wisdom of your compilation
of 70 (now plus) years.

Yes, the truth is you lent your hand and your heart to give me bearings at a time when
everything was so upside down. I was somewhat lost and adrift...
God must have known I needed a friend.
He sent his best Earth Angel.... Johnny O.
For that, I shall always be grateful.

You see, your time and your love made a huge difference in my life but what you may not realize is that because I was found and healed, all those I came I contact with, my children, my friends, yes even as far away as Africa, your care and your love traveled with me, through me... touching soul after soul. I suppose that is the exceptional and unique characteristic of pure Love... It just keeps flowing outward and inward to meet itself everywhere and in all ways.

Some try to define Love, in knowing you, I watched it expand ...
I felt it grow in my being.

I tried to think of words to express what we shared, my dear eternal friend...
And all I can think of is ..."Adsum".