Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Beauty




Caroline Fiona

I woke this morning at 4:04 and wrote you a birthday message. It had my heart all through it. I was so happy to be able to weave the words together that seemed to hold the deep feeling of Love and Gratitude I have for you. Then in a few moments my focus went AWOL and I somehow deleted the whole message. I sit here with what feels like a sword in my heart, annoyed at my tendency to jump tracks. This time, the cost was my Birthday Note to you…

Painful as it is to watch what was built be washed away I know there is a deeper lesson in it. It’s like something challenging me to realize, nothing true can ever really be lost and that God’s plan is superior and perfect in its deliverance and its timing.

So.

The beautiful thing is that we get to start new, to begin again.

I wanted to tell you how honored I am to have been blessed with the gift of you.

In so many ways you have been a teacher, clear in your vision and keen in you ability to hear and tell the truth. You were born into this human life for a special purpose. Like the great trees that you climb, you are growing strong enough to be a beacon of Light for others. Rooted in truth and willing to break free from limiting patterns and programming, you are able to climb to great heights. That is a rare gift bestowed on those destined to be leaders. I see it in you.

So.

One of my fondest memories was that day at the beach when you challenged me to brave the ocean waves. I really did not want to get wet that day and the ocean was a bit wild but I saw the excitement in your eyes and the longing of your spirit to be set free. So I stepped outside of my comfort zone and followed you into the sea. We dove into and through many waves that day. Some of them seemed to recklessly pummel and roll us, spitting us toward the shore. We kept going back into the deep.

I remember how you said one of your favorite things was to hear the profound silence under the waves. True. It is there that the outside world seems to be washed away leaving us to linger immersed in something much greater, something quite Eternal. It feels just like the Place of Peace we find when we dive deep into our own Heart and Soul.

Yes and it is in that place that you will always find my great Love for you.

Happy Birthday Beauty.

Xo

z